Application Procedure for Individual Plans with PROMOS
- 15 November for plans that are to start between January and the end of June of the following year
- 15 May for plans that are to start between July and the end of December of the current year
Applications for Periods of Study Abroad, Internships, Language and Subject Courses
Applications must be submitted via the online application form[de]. Please register on the portal and follow the further instructions. Please note: Registration will not work in Microsoft Internet Explorer! The application form for PROMOS will be available approx. six weeks prior to the respective application deadline.
Documents to be submitted online (as a PDF file; in English or German depending on the language of instruction/language used at the workplace):
- Personal statement (1–2 pages; A4 format). You will be assessed in terms of the content and presentation of your study abroad project; your reasons for choosing the host institution; how your proposed period of stay abroad integrates into your study plans and career goals; whether the study abroad period is a compulsory component of your degree course (see examination regulations); whether your project has links to existing contacts with the host institution; etc.
- Tabular curriculum vitae (CV)
- Transcript of records (as printed from HIS; certificates of previous university degrees, if applicable)
- Proof of foreign language proficiency* (in the language of instruction/language used at the workplace)
- Confirmation from the foreign university/institution, internship host or employer (not for participants of a university exchange programme)
- if applicable, if your plans are related to work on your dissertation/thesis that is not being completed at a university or at a company: detailed timeline and declaration of support from the subject area (no specified form)
Documents to be submitted to the International Office:
- Letter of recommendation[de] from a relevant member of teaching staff (please use the template provided). Your lecturer should send the letter directly to the International Office by post or e-mail.
The International Office will send you notification as to whether your application has been granted or not approx. four weeks after the application deadline.
*Information about proof of foreign language proficiency
- Proof of language proficiency can be proven by the DAAD language certificate, UNIcert certificates, as well as TOEFL and IELTS certificates, which must not be more than two years old at the time the application is submitted.
- The following documents cannot be accepted as proof of language proficiency: German Abitur certificate with an English exam grade, lapsed certificates, intermediate exam grade from a university language degree.
- Applicants whose first language is the national language or language of instruction used in the host country are not required to submit proof of language proficiency.
- DAAD language certificates: The University of Greifswald’s Language Centre conducts the DAAD test to assess foreign language skills several times each semester. All of the information regarding registration, costs and the contents of the test can be found on the Language Centre’s website [de]. Students taking British and North American Studies, Russian or Law should contact their departments directly in order to take the language assessment test there.