Greifswald Summer 05/08–01/09/2019
Spend your summer at the University of Greifswald, right next to the Baltic Sea coast!
Greifswald Summer combines four weeks of intensive German lessons at various levels of proficiency and workshops with a diverse range of cultural events and excursions. Become part of Greifswald’s International Community, improve your German and spend an unforgettable summer in Greifswald!
Greifswald Summer in Detail
- German lessons: 20 hours of morning lessons per week at A1, B1 or B2 levels with workshops to choose from that focus on current fields of research at the University of Greifswald and provide you with an opportunity to put your German skills into practice.
- optional weekend excursions to the islands of Rügen and Usedom, as well as an excursion to Hamburg.
- Cultural programme and weekly outings in Greifswald and to the surrounding area.
- Buddies from Greifswald: Students from Greifswald take part in the leisure and cultural activities and introduce you to student life.
Who can apply?
- Prospective students
- Erasmus+/ exchange students
- International students, doctoral students and members of academic staff
- Degree-seeking students who would like to improve their German before starting their studies in Greifswald
- DSH and Studienkolleg (Preparatory Courses)participants, who would like to improve their German over the summer
Please note that you have to be at least 18 years old to take part in Greifswald Summer - Exception: selected pupils from PASCH schools.
How can I apply?
Applications for Greifswald Summer can be submitted between 01 April and 31 May 2019. You can apply via the online registration form.
When applying, you will be required to provide proof of your status at your university (e.g. student ID card) and proof of language proficiency (if applicable).