Costs & Accommodation
The programme fees for Greifswald Summer amount to € 400. The programme fees include participation in the German lessons and workshops, as well as cultural events and the Wednesday excursions.
- Island of Rügen (two days): € 80
- Island of Usedom (two days): € 65
- Hamburg (three days): € 90
During Greifswald Summer you can stay in a room in one of the student halls of residence or find your own place to stay.
Please expect to pay approximately € 300. Rooms in halls of residence are additional options that cannot be guaranteed. Please indicate on your application if you require a room in a student hall of residence. A room in a student hall of residence comes with access to a communal bathroom and kitchen. You will be be provided with bed linen and cooking utensils. Please bring a LAN cable with you to access the internet in your room. Unfortunately, there is no access to the university’s Wi-Fi in the halls of residence.
For further information, please visit the website of the Studierendenwerk (Student Services) .
Please note that holiday apartments and similar accommodation are in great demand in Greifswald in the summer. Therefore, we suggest you organise your accommodation as soon as possible. For example, you can look for a room for summer on the University forum ryckwärts.de [de] or wg-gesucht.de [de].
Is funding available?
- Students of Landscape Ecology and Nature Conservation (EPOS scholarship holders) who are going to start their studies straight after Greifswald Summer: free access to the language and cultural programme, as well as the excursions to Rügen and Usedom
- Participants of Ukrainicum have free access to Greifswald Summer during the Ukrainicum
- Selected pupils (and their supervisors) from German schools abroad (PASCH schools)