Examinations during the Restrictions Caused by the Coronavirus Pandemic
Last revised 08/06/2020, 10.34 a.m.
The Data Protection Information for Examinees has been updated.
Last revised 18/05/2020, 09.49 a.m.
The rules for holding examinations with the physical presence of the students have been updated.
Last revised 05/05/2020, 11.45 a.m.
The rules for holding examinations with the physical presence of the students have been updated. The rules apply to postponed examinations and examinations that are being made up for winter semester 2019/20, as well as all regular examinations for summer semester 2020 until further notice.
Last revised 02/04/2020, 3.00 p.m.
The Faculty of Law and Economics has published updated information [de] on the expectations for coursework essays and research papers for law degrees.
Last revised 02/04/2020, 1.45 p.m.
A new amending statute to the Rahmenprüfungsordnung - RPO (General Examination Regulations) [de] entered into force on 02/04/2020. The new regulation defined in § 2a RPO provides the examination boards with more flexibility for holding resits of examinations, e.g. electronically, or for adapting the kind and scope of an examination. Students affected will receive information about the specific changes. For this reason, please check the self-service portal regularly (category: examinations that you have registered for) or contact us or the respective examination board [de].
Your Team from the Central Examination Office
last revised: 20/03/2020, 12.00 p.m.
Dear Members of the University Community,
Due to the number of justified questions concerning the postponement of examinations as a result of the enactment of the decree issued by the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture of 13 March 2020, we would like to inform you of the following regulations:
- All of the dates and deadlines for examinations and marked coursework, which were scheduled for the period in which all forms of teaching have been suspended, are postponed until after the reinstatement of teaching on 20 April 2020. Rules for the reinstatement of examination procedures are currently being arranged with the respective members of teaching staff. The relevant information portals and the Central Examination Office will provide you with corresponding information by the time all forms of teaching have recommenced.
- The deadlines for the submission of written coursework (e.g. dissertations, essays, or reports, with the exception of students of law) are postponed for the same length of time that teaching has been suspended, i.e. at the moment, for 35 days. For example, if the submission deadline for a piece of written work was 31 March 2020, the new submission date is exactly 5 weeks later, i.e. 5 May 2020.
- The following applies only to students of law:
The following regulations apply without submission of any special requests:
- All written work with a submission deadline up until 27 March 2020 is granted an extension until 20 April 2020. All written work with a submission deadline later than 28 March 2020 or later receive an extension that corresponds to the length of time that the library is closed, but no longer than 30 June 2020.
- For coursework essays as part of introductory exercises: In the next few days, beck-online will be enabled for students to work from home. The writing-up period for the essays will be extended until 20 April 2020. Up-to-date information will be provided on the Faculty’s website regarding coursework essays for students at more advanced stages of their degrees.
- We will take into account the fact that the library has had to close and that there is therefore only limited availability of literature for all kinds of work. Further information about submission arrangements will be provided in due time.
- If there is a change of circumstances, further necessary decisions will be made that show consideration for the students.
- The start dates for the writing-up period of written work are postponed if the start was scheduled for a date that falls in the period in which all forms of teaching have been suspended, at the moment, until the day on which normal teaching is reinstated, which is currently 20 April 2020. Correspondingly, the submission date is postponed for the same length of time.
- Currently, dissertations, coursework essays or seminar work cannot be submitted in person. The pieces of work should either be placed in the deadline post box (see map) or sent by post. It work is sent by post, the date of the postmark counts as the date of submission. As an exception, it is currently also sufficient to submit work electronically as a PDF file, by sending it to zpauni-greifswaldde.
- Examination results will still be published in the examination management system and various kinds of certificates will still be issued by a skeleton staff at the Central Examination Office.
- For all questions related to examinations, please contact the Central Examination Office via email. As we are currently receiving a large number of queries, please understand that it might take longer than usual for us to reply.
- For all questions related to the degree courses Human Medicine/Dentistry, please write an email to University Medicine’s respective office of the dean of studies.
- For questions related to the state examinations that are scheduled for the period up until 19/04/2020, please contact the respective Landesprüfungsamt (State Examinations Office).
Central Examination Office
Tel.: +49 3834 420 1278
Fax: +49 3834 420 1279