Teaching and Research Assistant
At the University of Greifswald’s Institute of Nordic History in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, there is a job vacancy, expected to be available from 01/02/2018, subject to budgetary regulations, for a full-time
Teaching and Research Assistant.
The fixed-term contract is for the period of five years.
Part-time in this position is possible.
Payment will be made according to pay group 13 TV-L Wissenschaft if the personal and pay group qualifications are met.
- Research in the field of Nordic History. A focus on Iceland or Finland in Early Modern, Modern or Contemporary history is of advantage.
- A monograph in the field of Nordic History (Habilitation).
- Teaching 4 hours/week per term
- Support for research and teaching at the Chair of Nordic History
- Very good dissertation in history
- Knowledge of at least one Scandinavian language and/or Finnish
- Willingness to teach in German within two years after employment
- Pedagogical skills and research skills according to the job description
Please take note of § 68 Sub-Section 3 PersVG M-V.
The University would like to increase the proportion of women in areas in which they are underrepresented and thus applications from women are particularly welcome and will be treated with priority if they have the same qualifications and as long as there are no clear reasons which make a fellow applicant more suitable.
Preference will be given to severely disabled applicants if they can provide equal qualifications.
The costs for applying cannot be reimbursed by the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Applications comprising all usual documents (curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, proof of teaching experience, list of publications) should be sent with reference to the job advertisement number 17/Ma33 by the 27/11/2017, in paper or electronic form (file in PDF-format) by e-mail, to:
Lehrstuhl für Nordische Geschichte
Prof. Dr. Cordelia Heß
For more details, please contact Prof. Dr. Cordelia Heß, per email or under +49 (0)3834 420 3330.
Referat Personal und Berufungen
Telefon +49 3834 420 1341
Telefax +49 3834 420 1202