Documents for New Employees

A staff record is created for all employees of the University of Greifswald. The legal basis for the collection of personal data in the application and hiring process is the State Civil Service Act (LBG) and the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service of the States (TV-L). The handling of personal data is governed by the regulations of the State Data Protection Act (DSG M-V). All employees have the right to inspect their staff record or to receive information on the storage of their personal data.

Welcome Centre for internationally mobile researchers: The Welcome Centre Greifswald belongs to the University's International Office. It is the central point of information for internationally mobile researchers. It provides valuable information on practical and adminitrative matters concerning life in Greifswald. Your contact at the Welcome Centre is Ms. Imme Burkart-Jürgens.

Human Resources and Appointments Department
Domstraße 14
17489 Greifswald

Documents for the Staff Record

Certificates that you have received from your home country will have to be legalised by the embassy prior to submission. Translations into German must be realised by a recognised translator and be legally attested by a notary.  We recommend you get your documents translated in your home country. Legal attestations from notaries in your home country must usually also be legalised. Information about which institution is able to certify which certificate should be obtained from the German consular office that is responsible for you.

Please make copies of the documents/certificates and bring the originals to the signing of the contract to confirm their authenticity.

  • Signed curriculum vitae
  • Photograph (please write your name on the back) - optional
  • Birth certificate
  • if applicable, marriage certificate (nor requirement of birth certificate)
  • if applicable, children's birth certificates
  • if applicable, divorce certificate (first page is sufficient)
  • Secondary school leaving certificate
  • Diploma of vocational training
  • University degree (e.g. Diplom, master's degree, state examination, doctorate, habilitation, certificate and, if applicable, transcript of records)
  • Proof of previous employment (e.g. employment contracts, references)
  • Criminal record certificate (apply for after arrival in Greifswald at the municipality; ask for a certificate of conduct for presentation to a German authority [„Polizeiliches Führungszeugnis, Belegart 0, für eine Behörde“; reason for issuing: „Einstellung an der Universität Greifswald”])
  • if applicable visa, work permit, residence permit