The University of Greifswald has established a mentoring programme for female postdoctoral researchers and junior professors. Up to 12 places are reserved for candidates from the university and associated research institutions in Greifswald. The programme starts in January 2020 and ends in November 2021. It supports highly motivated female researchers who would like to take on a professorship or responsibility in a leading position in academia.
The programme provides
- career-oriented contacts to mentors for individual guidance,
- a seminar programme -held in German- (4 obligatory and 1 optional seminars, see an example programme),
- peer mentoring,
- individual coaching (on request),
- networking opportunities and
- three evaluation meetings with programme coordinators.
- if possible, one year of experience at postdoctoral level / junior professorship at the University of Greifswald or an associated research institution,
- willingness to actively establish up to two mentoring relationships including related travel
- willingness to participate in the seminar programme and supporting activities
First dates are:
- Introductory workshop on Thursday, 16 January 2020, 9.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
- Introduction to peer mentoring and cooperative counselling on Friday, 17 January 2020 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Application and selection procedure
- detailed letter of motivation, specifying individual career goal(s) and efforts made for gaining a leadership position,
- an abstract of the habilitation project / current research project(s),
- CV, incl. Ph.D. certificate, list of publications, contributions to conferences, list of third-party funding, scholarships, other awards and prizes and memberships and
- mentoring application form.
A commission will decide on acceptance to the programme.
The interviews will take place on 12 and 13 December 2019.
For further information, please contact Annette Ehmler,
ehmleruni-greifswalddeor +49 3834 420 1146.
Find further programme details here: www.uni-greifswald.de/mentoring
Applications must be submitted by: Sunday, 17 November 2019
Please, send the application by email in one pdf-document to