The methods and instruments of scientific writing can be learnt. With a few select mechanisms for structuring and techniques for building arguments, it becomes possible to articulate even complex data clearly and comprehensibly. Coherently built up and convincingly formulated, even academic texts can be an exciting read!
In this workshop the process of academic writing is highlighted from the first idea through the structuring and formation of the text to its completion. The participants engage with the content related, formal and organisational aspects of writing and train their text competency with exercises.
The following topics are covered:
- Abstract, article, thesis: Text types and reasons for writing in academia
- From idea to text: Topic selection, structure, argumentation
- Rummaging, digging, serving it hot: Research strategies
- Writing as a process: Utilising creative bursts – avoiding blocks
- The eye reads too: Convention and form
- Academic writing: My next steps
> Please register for this workshop until 27 June 2022 via our Online-registration
> Please note: This course is currently fully booked. If you register, you will receive a place on the waiting list.
Trainer: Dr.-Ing. Bartlett Warren-Kretzschmar I GOLIN WISSENSCHAFTSMANAGEMENT
Date: 04 July (9am - 5pm) & 05 July 2022 (9am - 1 pm)
Location: Internationales Begegnungszentrum (IBZ) I Bahnhofstraße 2/3, 17489 Greifswald I Festsaal
Course language: English