This seminar is designed to reflect on one's own competences and to recognize one's own 'market value', to learn about the options and requirements for a university career and alternative career paths outside the university and to create your own career through conviction, and not by feeling a lack of perspective.
Welcome and overview
Job market „University“
- Numbers, dates, facts
- Career paths and requirements in academia
- Academic profile: Target-actual comparison
- Exit strategies… Necessary?
(Never) change a running system?!
- Prejudice and myths about career paths outside academia
- Career paths for academics in the public, industry, and economy sector
Who am I? And if so – how many?
- Working on motives: Which (basic) motives drive me?
- Sought and found: Which activities satisfy my motives?
Let’s be clear – Me and my skills
Two tracks? – Of course!
- Pursuing the academic career, keeping plan b in mind
- Application processes in and outside academia
Pssssst... Exit-solution found? – What’s next?
- How to handle your exit strategy
Conclusion and evaluation
The workshop includes a subsequent process support. The trainer and the participants agree upon individual tasks to consolidate and expand what has been achieved during the course (e.g. send a sample application) and followed-up during subsequent individual contact.
Please register for this workshop until 15 June 2021 via ourOnline-registration.
ATTENTION: Due to Covid-19 this workshop might be changed to a online-seminar.
Trainer: Dr. Dieta Kuchenbrandt
Date: 23. June 2021
Time: 9.00 – 17.00
No. of articipants: max. 12