Degree completion scholarships for international doctoral candidates in the final phase of their PhD:
2 scholarships for 2 months each (€ 850 per month)
The application is open to international doctoral candidates, who are enrolled at the University of Greifwald and expect to complete their PhD within the next 12 months. The degree completion grants aim to enable international doctoral candidates to complete their degree without having to worry about finances.
Scholarship for particularly committed international doctoral candidates:
2 scholarships for 3 months each (850 € per month)
Scholarships for particularly committed candidates can be awarded to international doctoral students who have distinguished themselves through good academic achievements and notable social commitment in an international context. They are involved, for example, in international projects, social programmes or student initiatives and also play a role in the integration of other international students or doctoral candidates in Greifswald and at the University.
- You are an international doctoral candidate enrolled at the University in Greifswald.
- You have gained good academic achievements and are involved in social work or intercultural activities.
- Your primary residence during the scholarship months shall be in Germany.
- Candidates receiving other publicly funded fellowships - from Germany or from abroad - serving the same purpose at the same time are not eligible.
If you meet the requirements, please send the following application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org in one pdf file by 03/05/2020:
- Cover letter in which you shortly describe your research project and your motivation for the application.
- CV including a short overview of your previous academic achievements.
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor of your thesis.
The scholarships will be awarded according to academic qualifications and, if the qualifications are equal, according to social factors (e.g. degree completion scholarships).
We're looking forward to receiving your application!
Call for applications as PDF
Contact at the University of Greifswald
Domstraße 8, 17489 Greifswald
Telefon +49 3834 420 1116