Social & Psychological Counselling Service from Student Services
The support and counselling of students regarding social, financial, personal and study-related problems are at the focus of the Social & Psychological Counselling Service from Student Services.
These problems can often be complex and of many different kinds. Whatever the problem, it makes sense to arrange an appointment with a counsellor or psychologist. The conversations are handled confidentially and serve individual clarification and orientation and should make decision making easier.
The Social Counselling Service gives information and advice on subjects such as:
- Financing of studies
- Studying with a child/children
- Problems during your studies including learning techniques / time management
- Depression, fears, addiction etc.
- Studying with a disability and/or chronic illness
- Foreign students in Germany
- Exam anxiety
- Legal matters
The Social Counselling Service also offers direct support for students including:
- Short-term loans: for short-term interruptions of financing, e.g. whilst waiting for your BaföG notification
- Kindertellerkarte: gives students’ children (up to 10 years) the right to free food in the Mensa
- Mensa-Freitischkarte: € 50,00 per semester for students with proof that they are in need (with a state Sozialbescheid (benefit notification): either Wohngeld, Arbeitslosengeld II/Sozialgeld or Kinderzuschlag for your child) in cooperation with the SU.
- Free legal advice in cooperation with a law firm in Greifswald.
|Tuesday||9.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m. and 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.|
|Thursday||9.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m. and 2.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.|
|or by prior arrangement|