Freshers' Week 2018 from 8th – 13th October 2018
You’re a fresher – and now what? During the fresher’s week you will learn how to organise your studies, create your timetable and register for courses. It provides all the information you require for a successful start to your studies in Greifswald. There is no fee for taking part in the fresher’s week, so make use of this offer.
Introductory Lectures for English Degree Programmes
|09/10/2018||4. p.m.||Zoological Institute and Museum, Loitzer Straße 26, lecture hall|
Introductory Lectures Provided by the International Office
Welcome Day: 24th September 2018 at 9.30 a.m. (Rubenowstraße 1), HS 2 on the first floor
Programme: official welcome with a small breakfast
- information about enrolment
- information about administrative procedures
- presentation of the programme for the semester
- Students should have a valid ID card with them and a Wohnungsgeberbescheinigung (form from the Einwohnermeldeamt (Registration Office) stating that you live in Greifswald. The form has to be signed by your landlord), because the team of the International Office would like to go to the town’s Registration Office with you afterwards.
- International students, who come from countries outside of Europe (e.g. Vietnam, Russia), need to open a German bank account and need to get German health insurance. The IO will assist you with that during the afternoon
- 1.30 p.m.: sign your contracts for your rooms/flats at your hall of residence
- From 8 p.m. onwards there will be a social gathering with your buddies at the Kulturbar, Lange Straße 93
Programme of the Student’s Union (AStA)
Freshers' Week, run by the Students' Union (AStA), is the main programme of social activities during the arrival and welcome period. Fresher’s week will help you make friends and adapt to your new surroundings. There will be lots of introductory lectures as well as a diverse cultural programme.
Freshers' Fair will take place on Tuesday 9th October at 4 p.m. around the Berthold-Beitz-Platz Campus (around the Mensa (cafeteria))
The Student’s Union (AStA), the vast majority of the student societies and organisations will present themselves. Find out what the university has to offer.