Information and Calls for Proposals
The Centre for Research Support investigates the possibility of financing your research ideas for you and offers support during the application process.
Current Calls for Proposals and Relevant Information Events
In order to provide a clear overview, these have been subdivided into target categories:
Research Support Centre
Tel.: +49 3834 86-1174
Fax.: +49 3834 86-1231
Telefon +49 3834 420 1176
Telefax +49 3834 420 1189
Dr. Julia Metger
Telefon +49 3834 420 1185
Telefax +49 3834 420 1189
This is an overview of regional, national and international institutions that provide support and information for academics and scientists.
National Funding Institutions
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft
- Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety
- Hermann von Helmholtz Association
- Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- German Federation of Industrial Research Associations
- Federal Minsitry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure
- Fraunhofer Association
Research Support in the EU
Information and Advice Regarding Research Support in the EU
- Horizon 2020
Central portal for calls for proposals and electronic administration of FP7 projects:
Research and Innovation - Participant Portal
- KOWI - European Liaison Office of the German Research Organisations (Kooperationsstelle EU der Wissenschaftsorganisationen)
- EU-Office of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) [de]
- National Liaison Offices [de]
Community Research and Development Information Service
European Funding Portals
- Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach Foundation [de]
Funds the five fields of: science in research and teaching, educational sciences, health sciences, sport and culture (literature, music and visual arts).
- Deutsche Telekom Stiftung
Focuses nationally on improving developments in the STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), funding equally both basic and groundbreaking research.
- Fritz Thyssen Foundation for Funding Science
Gerda Henkel Foundation
Funding for the historical humanities, mainly history, archaeology, the history of art and other disciplines with a historical component.
Regional Funding Institutions
Supporting of Cooperation between Business and Science
- The Central Innovation Programme for SMEs (ZIM) from the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
National funding programme for SMEs open to all branches and technological sectors and business-oriented research institutions working with them.
Eurostars funding programme for SMEs who would like to realise joint R&D projects with partners in other member states within the framework of the European research initiative EUREKA.
- EraSME Promoting Innovation by SMEs
- InnoCentive – Social Media for Academics, Research Institutions, NPOs and Businesses
- COST European Cooperation in Science and Technology
- Marie Curie Actions
Structured initial training programmes for junior researchers involving the industry.
Special Information for Start-Ups
- National Agency for Women Start-Ups Activities and Services (bga)
The National Agency for Women Start-Ups Activities and Services (bga) is the first and only information and service centre for female entrepreneurial independence and company takeovers by women in Germany.
- Start-Up Grants MV