Short Periods of Stay Abroad
As an alternative to conventional periods of stay abroad, short-term stays are becoming increasingly popular. The broad range of language and subject-specific courses at institutions abroad provide you with the opportunity to advance your subject knowledge, but also to gain credit points (ECTS) that can be recognised in Greifswald. Find out more about the various options here. The International Office will be glad to provide you with information about funding opportunities.
Subject Courses and Summer Schools Abroad
A large number of universities all over the world provide subject-specific courses during the non-teaching period. For example, you can take part in a summer or winter school and advance your subject knowledge in an international group of students, and extend your intercultural competencies. Register for a summer school at one of our partner universities.
- Austria: Graz International Summer School Seggau: Re-Measuring, Re-Calculating, Re-Counting: State - Society - Religion in Transition
- Austria: University of Vienna Summer School 2023
- Croatia: Zagreb Summer School of Economics and Management 2023
- Czech Republic: Center for Behavioral Experiments (CEBEX) - Summer School on Behavioral Sciences
- Denmark: Aarhus Summer University 2023
- Finland: Jyväskylä Summer School in Human Sciences
- Finland: Jyväskylä 32nd Summer School
- Finland: Turku Åbo Summer School
- Finland: University of Eastern Finland Summer School
- Italy: University Pardua - Summer School in Italian History and Culture
- Lithuania: VIKO Summer School 2023 (Entrepreneurship, Youth Socioculture, Sustainable Agriculture)
- Netherlands: Utrecht University Summer School (various courses)
- Poland: Interdisciplinary International Silesian Summer School "VINCI - Dive into Science"
- Slowenia: Ljubljana Doctoral Summer School 2023
- Spain: Barcelona International Summer School "Tackling Global Challenges"
- Spain: Universidad Autónoma de Madrid: Summer School of Economics and Business 2023
- Spain: Universidad Autónoma de Madrid: Climate Change Summer School 2023
- Spain, Gran Canaria: Summer School 2023
- Austria: University of Vienna: Winter School for Cultural Historical Studies
- Bosnia und Herzegovina: University of Banja Luka: Go East Winnter School
- Czech Republic: Masaryk University: Human Rights and International Law
- Czech Republic: Masaryk University: International Relations and Threats to Global Security
- Italy: University of Trento: Arms Transfers and Control. Political, Legal and Social Implications
- Italy: University of Trento: Physics of the Cell
- Korea: Kyungpook National University: Online Winter School
- For further information and registration/nomination please contact the International Office: email@example.com
- Slovenia: University of Ljubljana: Economic Psychology
- Slovenia: University of Ljubljana: Quantitative Research with R Studio
- Slovenia: University of Ljubljana: Introduction to Data Science with Python
- Slovenia: University of Ljubljana: Applied Time Series Analysis and Forecasting with Stata and R
- Spain: Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria: Winter School
- Switzerland: Intitute for Peace and Dialogue Winter Programs
Find further summer schools in Europe here: Summer Schools in Europe.eu.
Lots of universities abroad provide language courses. This not only makes it possible for you to improve your language skills in the corresponding country, but also to get to know the foreign university. Use the DAAD’s course database [de] to find a suitable language course.
The DAAD’s PROMOS Programme provides a one-off 500-euro grant for course fees to students and doctoral candidates who organise their own short periods of stay abroad lasting between five days and four months and taking place at state-run universities all over the world.
The DAAD funds participation at summer schools in eastern Europe via the Go East Programme[de].
Contact International Office
Tel.: +49 3834 420 1116