Requirements and the Application Process
Students at the University of Greifswald can apply for a placement on the Erasmus+ programme, if they
- are enrolled as a student on a full-time academic degree course or as a doctoral student
- are in at least their third semester when they begin their study abroad period (as students on a master’s degree course already have a bachelor’s degree, they have automatically studied for more than one academic year
- have not exceeded their Erasmus+ mobility quota (3–12 months per study cycle; up to 24 months for integrated, one-cycle degree courses)
- can demonstrate sufficient proficiency in the language of instruction used at the host institution (proof of language proficiency may need to be provided)
- do not have their main place of residence in the receiving country.
Application Process and Timeline
Ten steps to studying abroad as an Erasmus+ exchange student
- Go for an initial consultation session at the International Office or talk to an advisor in your department.
- Get acquainted with the courses and modules on offer and the academic timetable at your preferred host institution by searching our exchange programme database[de].
- Talk to your Erasmus+ subject coordinator about subject-specific issues, such as credit transfer arrangements, and contact the Erasmus+ team at the International Office to clarify any other questions that you may have.
- Send your application to your Erasmus+ subject coordinator (information on submission deadlines are available from the department). Note: Applications must be received in the winter semester for placements in the following academic year (incl. summer semester starts).
- Your Erasmus+ subject coordinator will review the applications received and will notify the International Office about which candidates have been nominated.
- Complete the Erasmus+ application form provided by the International Office. Relevant information will be sent to you by email.
- Your nomination will be forwarded to the partner university. This occurs between March and May for students wishing to begin an exchange placement in the winter semester and between September and November for students starting in the summer semester.
- Submit your application to the host university. Relevant information will be sent to you by email.
- Submit all the relevant documents for Erasmus+ funding to the International Office. For more information, please click on the ‘Forms’ tab.
- A letter of admission will be sent to you by the host university.
Have a great time on your study exchange adventure!