The multidisciplinary and innovative approach of the master’s degree course ‘Landscape Ecology and Nature Conservation’ provides a unique basis for addressing the global environmental challenges of today and tomorrow. Students will be qualified for careers in international administration and organisations, at research institutes and private companies.
The master’s degree course contains a wide thematic range of contents and methods. It includes theoretical knowledge and practical experience in various disciplines, such as Landscape Ecology, Biology, Conservation Biology, Geosciences, Environmental Ethics and Landscape Economics. Combined with far-reaching possibilities for an individual combination of study contents and close collaboration between professors and students, you are guaranteed to enjoy this productive degree course.
If you are applying for the master’s degree course Landscape Ecology and Nature Conversation, you will have to meet the following requirements:
- An undergraduate degree in the field of landscape ecology or other areas of biology, agriculture and forestry. Applicants who do not meet this requirement can be admitted as special applicants, provided that they have completed their first undergraduate degree course successfully with a clear environmental and nature conservation profile.
- proven proficiency of English at a level of at least B2 of the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages”
(e.g. equivalent to seven years of English lessons at school), further equivalents: FCE, TOEFL (CBT) 213, TOEFL (IBT) 80, TOEFL (PBT) 550, TOEIC 785, IELTS 6.0)
The Application Procedure
1) Application procedure for German applicants
- Certificate for undergraduate degree (BSc)
- Transcript of Records for undergraduate degree (BSc)
- Higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung)
- Form for verifying that the admission requirements for the master’s degree course have been met (Antrag auf Prüfung der Zugangsvoraussetzungen für Masterstudiengänge)
- Proof of English language proficiency (English at a level of at least B2 of the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages” (e.g. equivalent to seven years of English lessons at school), further equivalents: FCE, TOEFL (CBT) 213, TOEFL (IBT) 80, TOEFL (PBT) 550, TOEIC 785, IELTS 6.0))
Applications have to be sent to the Student's Registration Office.
For questions regarding the degree course and the application procedure, please contact: Dr. Michael Manthey
2) Application procedure for DAAD-EPOS
The master's degree course Landscape Ecology and Nature Conservation has been selected for the DAAD scholarship programme ‘Development-Related Postgraduate Courses – Educating Professionals for Sustainable Development (EPOS)’. Up to 8 full DAAD-EPOS scholarships can be offered to applicants from developing countries every year. You can find more information about the scholarhsip detalis, entry requirements and the application process here.
Applications must be sent to Dr. Tiemo Timmermann
For questions regarding the DAAD-EPOS application, please contact Dr. Tiemo Timmermann.
3) Self-financed international students (students without the DAAD-EPOS scholarship)
International students who are not applying for the DAAD-EPOS scholarship have to apply online via uni-assist. uni-assist provides a third party evaluation mechanism for university applications in Germany. Detailed information on how to apply can be found on the uni-assist website.
1) Create a uni-assist account (free of charge)
2) Select the master's degree course "LENC" and upload the required documents (list can be found there)
3) Pay the uni-assist charges (€ 74.50) and complete the procedure before the end of the deadline
For questions regarding the application procedure of self-financed international students, please contact Kathrin Brandenburg at the International Office.
1) for German students: Application period 15/05/2019 – 15/07/2019
2) for EPOS scholarship applicants: Application deadline: 15/12/2018 – the decision will be made by March 2019
3) for self-financed applicants: Appilcation period for uni-assist: 01/10/2018 – 01/03/2018
Costs and tuition fees
There is no tuition fee at the University of Greifswald. However, a Semester Fee of € 74.50 (or € 97.00 for freshers) must be paid every semester. The fee is due on enrolled to the University of Greifswald.