Periods of stay for research purposes – photo: Till Junker
Porträt Dr. Florian Siegerist, © Till Junker, 2018

Longer Periods of Teaching and Research in Greifswald

It is possible to do longer periods of stay for teaching and research purposes at the University of Greifswald. This page provides you with information about some of the possibilities.

Please note: Requests for funding must be submitted in your home country!

Visiting Lecturer Programme of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)

The programme Funding of Foreign Visiting Lecturers for Teaching at German Universities [de] is available for longer periods of stay as a visiting lecturer. Visiting lecturers and visiting professors expand the regular teaching activities with international perspectives and allow students to gain international learning experience at their home universities. This programme provides funding for visiting lecturers and visiting professors from any area of expertise and from anywhere in the world. Funding can be granted for up to two years for visiting lecturers and a maximum of four years for visiting professors.

Alexander von Humboldt Foundation

Longer-term periods of research can be funded by the various programmes provided by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. At the University of Greifswald, there is a regional group of the Deutsche Gesellschaft der Humboldtianer e.V. [de], which has set itself the goal of maintaining the international contacts of Greifswald’s Humboldtianer and supporting international Humboldtianer in Greifswald.

Fulbright Germany

The Fulbright Foundation’s various programmes also provide funding to American academics who would like to stay in Germany for longer periods of teaching and research. Further information is available here.

International Office
Dr. Carola Häntsch
Domstraße 8
17489 Greifswald
Tel.: +49 3834 420 1119