Radiation Protection Officer
The Radiation Protection Officer is the contact person for all questions regarding radiation protection within the university. The authorised representative performs all tasks for the Chancellor of the University that he/she is required to perform under the currently applicable radiation protection laws.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Michael Scheibner
University Medicine Greifswald
Clinic for Radiotherapy
Tel.: +49 3834 86 7030
Fax: +49 3834 86 796992
The area of responsibility includes, among other things:
- Representation of the interests of the University of Greifswald in radiation protection with regard to administrative departments and authorities.
- Compliance with and implementation of legal regulations in radiation protection (e.g. implementation of notification or approval procedures for isotope laboratories, X-ray facilities, industrial accelerators, clinical studies, etc.)
- Internal organisation of radiation protection
- Final signature or countersignature on applications for handling licences as well as on appointments of the persons responsible for radiation protection
- Coordination of personal dosimetry and medical monitoring of employees, decisions based on personal dosimetry findings or medical findings
- participation in construction measures involving the handling of sources for the generation of ionising radiation or the use of radioactive substances