Requirements and the Application Process
Requirements for an Erasmus+ Student Mobility Traineeship
Students at the University of Greifswald can apply for a placement on the Erasmus+ programme, if they
- are enrolled as a student on a full-time academic degree course or as a doctoral student
- are in at least their first semester when they begin their traineeship abroad
- have not exceeded their Erasmus+ mobility quota (2–12 months per study cycle; up to 24 months for integrated, one-cycle degree courses), or if they undertake the traineeship within one year of graduation
- can demonstrate sufficient proficiency in the working language used at the host institution (proof of language proficiency may need to be provided)
- do not have their main place of residence in the receiving country.
- select a traineeship relevant to their subject area.
Funding is not available for traineeships with European institutions or organisations (e.g. Goethe Institute or German schools abroad), national diplomatic missions or with organisations that administer EU programmes. In these cases, funding may be available from the Carlo Schmid Programme[de] or in the form of a DAAD short-term grant for work placements / internships[de].
Six steps to an Erasmus+ traineeship abroad
- Attend an initial consultation session in your department or at the International Office.
- Spend time searching for a traineeship that meets your needs. Make sure that you have the required academic and language skills for the position. Feel free to browse our list of traineeships, work placements and internships[de].
- Talk to your Erasmus+ subject coordinator about subject-specific issues, such as credit transfer arrangements, and contact the Erasmus+ team at the International Office to clarify any other questions that you may have.
- Submit your application to the International Office (at least two months before your traineeship is due to start) by sending us your letter of confirmation from the host enterprise or institution and your current certificate of enrolment by email. For more information, please click on the ‘Forms’ tab.
- You will be notified by email whether your application for student mobility funding has been accepted or rejected.
- Please send all supporting documentation to the International Office (see to-do list).
Have a great time on your traineeship abroad!