Holidays matter too ...

It is important that you take your annual leave, not least to maintain a healthy work-life balance.

Regular recovery phases can improve your productivity and creativity. Breaks from work also help you stay healthy and motivated. 

Below, we will show you how to request leave.

Have a relaxing time off!

How can I request leave?

You request annual leave via the University of Greifswald’s Self-Service Portal . Select “login for students and staff members” and enter your central login details. If several roles are assigned to you in the self-service portal, make sure to select the role “Holiday/flexiday applicant” in the bar at the top. In the main menu (left), select “Abwesenheiten” and request a leave of absence on the webpage below the calendar overview.

The Human Resources Department registers your holiday request and is happy to answer your questions. Your primary contact person for requesting and registering your holiday via the self-service portal is:

Olaf Preidel
Tel.: +49 3834 420 1235

If you have any specific questions on the topics of annual leave, educational leave, unpaid leave and exemption from work, please contact the member of staff responsible for you at the HR Department.